Hey guys! I’m Kirsten Alexis, and I am a California-based content creator and adventure enthusiast. I believe that life truly begins outside our comfort zones, and that we become our best selves by stepping into the unknown.
I was raised on Jimmy Buffet, beaches and grew up in a time where outdoor adventures were mandatory, where playing outside and having a big imagination.. went to ucla .. scoliosis
I am a tomboy at the core, and … I have sense of humor. One of the boys
But I am also a big dreamer. I love the simple, little moments in life such as how stargazing can make us feel so small … I want to live in a world where people … I want to create content that is engaging and inspiring rather than create a fear of missing our or inadequacy. I want everyone to be motivated to live their dreams and be their best selves through storytelling and media sharing.
In terms of outdoor adventures, I am a high-altitude mountain trekker with dreams of completing the Seven Summits. So far, I have done Kilimanjaro and this year I will be attempting Elbrus. I am also a licensed skydiver, and aim one day to be a coach. I also can be found surfing, paddleboarding, snowboarding, hiking and exploring with my camera or drone. I love storytelling through sharing photos and content from my travels.
So far, I have been to six continents and over thirty countries.
Some of my most memorable travel and adventure experiences have been:
- Reaching the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro during one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen. (describe more)
- Going on a safari and seeing the Big 5 in one day out in Tanzania.
- Trekking to Everest Base Camp and … seeing Mount Everest in person… burned a fire in my soul to one day attempt it.. locals/teahouse
- Visiting an elephant sanctuary in Thailand
- Getting my skydiving license … this sport has changed me.. met so many peopel and jumped in places such as Sebastian, Kelowna, Monterey,
- Freediving with whale sharks in Baja California (a few hours from Cabo)
- Canadian Rockies
- Backpacking Mount Assiniboine…
- Trekking to Machu Picchu via the legendary Inca Trail. Hearing about the history and mysteries that surrounded… This trip made me want to level up… taught me…
- Winter Park, Colorado filming adaptive ski program
- Learning how to paraglide… Monterey, Santa Barbara and San Diego
- Roadtripping around the western United States and Alberta, Canada, to host hiking and adventure meetups.
- Freediving cenotes in Tulum, Mexico.
- Training for Kilimanjaro via the 14ers in Colorado
- Visiting a textile and craft .. in Peru for women
- Backpacking Western Australia and falling in love with the remote landscape …
- Learning to surf in Hawaii…
- My first solo backpacking trip – across Europe… taught me.. and inspired to go more places
- Hiking Panorama Ridge (.. .miles) in … hours
- Learning to ice climb in .. glacier.. in Iceland…
- Kala Patthar… one day go back
- Fat tire biking in the Canadian Rockies during a polar vortex…
For my Adventure blogs – TAL