Hey guys! I’m Kirsten Alexis, and I am a California-based content creator, outdoor adventure enthusiast and licensed EMT. I believe that life truly begins outside our comfort zones, and that we become our best selves by stepping into the unknown.
I was raised on Jimmy Buffet, beaches and messy art projects. I was lucky to have grown up in a time where outdoor adventures were mandatory, where playing outside and having a big imagination was the best therapy, and when social media was nonexistent.
When I was 12 I have spinal fusion surgery for scoliosis, and … Trust me, I was uncool before it was cool. We’re talking rolling backpack, back brace and braces…. When you look that good it teaches you to have a big personality.
I went to UCLA for the arts, and … painting and photography. I loved nothing more than venturing into nature… exploring… and capturing moments with my camera. I then would paint … I held art shows in Los Angeles, San Diego and the Bay Area …
I am a tomboy at the core, and … I have sense of humor. One of the boys .. ADHD
But I am also a big dreamer. I love the seemingly insignificant, simple moments in life such as how stargazing can make us feel so small … I want to live in a world where people … humanity… and awaken I want to create content that is engaging and inspiring rather than create a fear of missing our or inadequacy. I want everyone to be motivated to live their dreams and be their best selves through storytelling and media sharing. . . . . imagination runs wild, love a good conspiracy, independent, questio everything
In terms of outdoor adventures, I am a high-altitude mountain trekker with dreams of completing the Seven Summits. So far, I have done Kilimanjaro and I hope to attempt Elbrus as soon as the lockdown restrictions lift. I am also a licensed skydiver, and aim one day to be a coach. I also can be found surfing, paddleboarding, snowboarding, skiing, hiking and exploring with my camera or drone. I love sharing stories and photos from my travels, and getting to know other people through their experiences as well..
So far, I have been to six continents and over thirty countries. A great deal of my travel has been solo, and it has taught me so much about the world, society and myself. It taught me that life is what we make of it, and that the world isn’t a big, scary place. In fact, it taught me that … and that I am much stronger and fearless that I ever thought possible. It taught me that I am in control of my life, and I can create my own adventure and have a positive impact on the world.
Some of my most memorable travel and adventure experiences have been:
- Reaching the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro during one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen. That was my first summit over 14,000 feet, and I learned that I could conquer my goals if I just believed in myself, stayed positive and put in the hard work.
- Going on a safari and seeing the Big 5 in Tanzania. We went to the Ngorongoro Crater and …
- Trekking to Everest Base Camp and … seeing Mount Everest in person… burned a fire in my soul to one day attempt it.. locals/teahouse
- Visiting a rescued elephant sanctuary in Thailand.
- Getting my skydiving license … this sport has changed me.. met so many people and jumped in places such as Sebastian, Kelowna, Monterey,
- Freediving with whale sharks in Baja California, just a few hours outside of Cabo San Lucas
- Canadian Rockies – traiing, projects, friends
- Backpacking the Mount Assiniboine trail.
- Trekking to Machu Picchu via the legendary Inca Trail. Hearing about the history and mysteries that surrounded… This trip made me want to level up… taught me…
- Exploring Iceland. I was there for a few weeks with my family … We visited a new spot every day, and I still feel like we didn’t see so much. There is so much to see on this little island, especially outside the city and tourist spots.
- Winter Park, Colorado filming adaptive ski program
- Learning how to paraglide… Monterey, Santa Barbara and San Diego
- Roadtripping around the western United States and Alberta, Canada, to host hiking and adventure meetups.
- Freediving cenotes in Tulum, Mexico. If you go before the crowds get there, and especially in the off-season, you can swim in some seriously clear water. There is definitely a reason these are so popular to visit!
- Training for Kilimanjaro via the 14ers in Colorado
- Visiting a textile and craft .. in Peru for women
- Backpacking Western Australia and falling in love with the remote landscape …
- Taking surf lessons and bettering my skills in Hawaii. The Hawaiian islands are famous for roller waves that are perfect for beginners and intermediates alike. I love nothing more than being out in the warm waters and watching a long, easy wave on a longboard. And sometimes you can see turtles out there!
- My first solo backpacking trip – across Europe… taught me.. and inspired to go more places
- Hiking Panorama Ridge in a day.
- Learning to ice climb in .. glacier.. in Iceland…
- Kala Patthar… one day go back
- Fat tire biking in the Canadian Rockies during a polar vortex. We pedaled though almost -30 degree temperatures to generate content for a local adventure company in Kananaskis.
- Believe it or not, exploring local spots during the pandemic. It awakened my mind and let me know how blessed I truly am to live in such a beautiful place. It gave me a break, and let me get creative to adapt and move forward. It also gave me time to see my family, and made me realize what really matters in life.
For my Adventure blogs – TAL / / SPONSORS and COLLAB with ( message more companies for future) – more pics – also use stock pics for blogs… use more pics and more for TAL too *** tal back blogs, pics… KA – adventure, what learned, business, travel , current events , tips etc . . . pics/drone.. funny
Companies did stuff for – examples on page – – video of Colorado (justin)
sell pics/stock/drone etd
blog – safari, etc… tal … better pics/vids